What is Berean School of the Bible?
Berean School of the Bible (BSB) is our adult continuing education program. As such, BSB courses do not earn college credit but do earn continuing education units. BSB offers ministry training designed to prepare you to fill a church leadership role and to help you fulfill the call of God on your life.
Students receive 100% uniformity and consistency in course delivery both online and offline. So whether you are looking to fulfill your AG credentialed education requirements or to enrich your life, our BSB program is ideal for you.
How do I enroll?
McAllen First Assembly is proud to be affiliated with Global University through a study group available for the Berean School of the bible courses.
If interested in enrolling or signing up for a course, contact Pastor Vita who oversees this ministry in our church.
Level One (Certified Minister)
- BIB 114 Christ in the Synoptic Gospels
- THE 114 Introduction to Pentecostal Doctrine
- BIB 115 Acts: The Holy Spirit at Work in Believers
- BIB 117 Prison Epistles: Ephesians, Colossians, Philippians, and Philemon
- BIB 121 Introduction to Hermeneutics: How to Interpret the Bible
- MIN 123 The Local Church in Evangelism
- MIN171 A Spirit-Empowered Church: an Acts 2 Ministry Model (required course in 2018)
- THE 142 Assemblies of God History, Missions, and Governance *
- MIN 181 Relationships and Ethics in Ministry
- MIN 191 Beginning Ministerial Internship
* THE411 The Church: Pentecost to Reformation may be taken in place of THE142 Assemblies of God History, Missions & Governance for those students who are not pursuing Assemblies of God credentials or who are not affiliated with the Assemblies of God. Credential candidates may not take THE411 in place of THE142.
Level Two (Licensed Minister)
- THE 211 Introduction to Theology: A Pentecostal Perspective
- BIB 212 New Testament Survey
- BIB 214 Old Testament Survey
- BIB 215 Romans: Justification by Faith
- MIN 223 Introduction to Homiletics
- THE 245 Eschatology: A Study of Things to Come
- MIN 251 Effective Leadership
- MIN 261 Introduction to Assemblies of God Missions
- MIN 281 Conflict Management for Church Leaders
- MIN 291 Intermediate Ministerial Internship
Level Three (Ordained Minister)
- THE 311 Prayer and Worship
- BIB 313 The Corinthian Correspondence
- BIB 318 The Pentateuch
- BIB 322 The Poetic Books
- MIN 325 Preaching in the Contemporary World
- MIN 327 Church Administration, Finance, and Law
- MIN 381 Pastoral Ministry
- MIN 391 Advanced Ministerial Internship